- In-vitro propagation, differentiation and Acclimatization of ornamental Fern.
- Production of therapeutic proteins from plants uning recombinant DNA Technology.
- Biotransformation of terpenes using medicinal labiates and fusion effect on the products.
- Application of plant cell cultures for the biotransformation of Terpenes.
- In-vitro selection of putative salt tolerant lines of sugarcane using induced mutations.
- Study on the development of seedless Kinnow (Citrus reticulata Blanco) by using various molecular techniques.
- Molecular characterization of elite date palm (Phoenix dactylifera) varieties of Pakistan.
Projects in progress
Apart from all basic and applied scientific research, a project for extraction of essential oils from different aromatic plants using Novel Technologies is being processed. This includes extraction of edible and non-edible oils employing supercritical extraction system. Refinement of the crude oil to meet international quality standards and producing export quality oil is the main objective of the project.